send a link
join email list
 contact info and credits
Biography  
It is currently 28 May 2020, 19:33

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New York city show
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 18:24 

I hope anyone going to the show tonight has a good time..

Alas, it is a bit too late for me on a school night...Hopefully the next time she is around, I will try to catch her. This concert seems like it will be a good one (with Paul Brady!)

Mike

Post subject: Re: New York city show
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 07:17 

I hope the BB Kings Show with Paul Brady went well! What a terrific double bill.

I wonder if there were any surprise guests, like Cherish The Ladies, etc. in the audience?

I couldn't make the show, but hopefully, the next time there is a show in the area, will be able to go.

I'd love to know the set list, who went when, songs performed together, etc., etc.?

Two tremendous performers.

I'll be looking for news articles reviewing the show (and the one in Albany).

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 09:41 

It sounds like the B.B. King's' Double bill with Paul Brady and Maura went well. Paul had some guest performers and he and Maura sang together.

It also seems as if the crowd was large even though it was a Sunday ("school") night.

Here is a link to a somewhat abbreviated review of the show from an Irish American weekly:

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/f ... 91078.html

The article covers a few shows, so scroll about two thirds down and you'll see a photo of Paul Brady, that's where the article starts.

Maybe Mac can paste this into the opening where articles are found?

I know I sure wish I could have gone to that show, for a lot of reasons; it sure sounds like a lovely show.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 09:49 

Here is a brief review of the Albany show, with a couple of nice photos.

http://www.nippertown.com/2010/10/27/li ... egg-102310

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010, 13:12 

Incredible shows in NYC a couple of weeks ago.

Maura - To Be The One - Spinning Wheel - Poetic Justice - Shades of Gloria - Trouble in the Fields - Galileo - Love You In The Middle - I Know My Love - The Weakness In Me - Hay Una Mujer Desaparecida - Western Highway - The Blessing -

Great show by Maura/John/Don. The a cappella songs were stunning as usual. Anyone notice what two songs are missing from the setlist? Maura mentioned the last time she played BB King's was the day after 9/11. Very ethusiastic crowd. Lots of Irish in the room!

Paul - Smile - Luck of the Draw - Rainbow - Mother and Son - The Long Goodbye - Nobody Knows - The Jolly Soldier - The Blarney Pilgrim - Money To Burn - Nothing But The Same Old Story - Helpless Heart - The Island - Crazy Dreams - The World Is What You Make It - Homes of Donegal

James Keane played with Paul on a couple of songs and so did Sarah Siskind. Joanie Madden was in the house as a spectator(Love Joanie!) I was looking all over for Bob and Mike. Aftershow lasted until 3am starting at BB's and moving over to The W Hotel. Shattered all day next day during sales calls.

Might be attending the Aspen/Denver shows tba....

Best,

Pat

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010, 17:43 

"Danny Boy", a capella , in English and Irish, was done by Maura the time she played solo at BB Kings, all the way back in March of 2002. I think in was near St. Patrick's Day.

9/11 was still very much on everyone's mind in NYC then and the debris at Ground Zero was still there, and the wounds still very close to the surface.

Maura dedicated "Danny Boy" to all those who died that day, and their families and friends. It was tremendously moving. She got a standing ovation if I remember.

Boy, it would have been so nice to have been at this recent show. Maura AND Paul Brady, wow.

Pat, you are soooo LUCKY!

What other song was missing? "Crazy Love"? (I just love it at the part of that song where Maura evokes Van's vocal styling on the word RIGHTEOUS!)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010, 19:17 

:shock: Summerfly and Blue Train not on the setlist and may be up for retirement?

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010, 20:51 

Oh, no, never retire Blue Train!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 15:44 

At the town crier she definitely did Blue Train...Cant remember about Summerfly.

I would love to have gone, but staying out late on a school night...well that is tough for me!

next time, maybe......................I would love to meet Pat and always enjoy meeting up with Bob...and, of course, I dont mind the concert too much either!! LOL

Glad it was a good one!