send a link
join email list
 contact info and credits
Biography  
It is currently 26 May 2020, 00:12

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New concert dates
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2012, 14:04 

I am typing this by holding the keyboard about 2_3 inches from my left eye, as I had retina re-attachment surgery last week and won’t be seeing out of right eye for 4_-6 weeks, and left eye is legally blind right now, unbeknownst to me. BUT when retina heals they can take care of problem with left eye. This will pass, but everypne get your eyes checked!, I did not have an injury or trauma it just happened, doctor says this happens sometimes. (excuse typos),

NOW to the good news, M.O. is giving concerts again and has one at BB KIngs in my necl of the woods, hooray, I promise not to miss this one! So thrilled to get to hear and see Maura in person again, it has been too long.

I see Maura is playing The Ark so Theresa will hopefully get to that one. Mike will probably be at the BB King show, it will be good to see him.

GREAT NEWS FOR MAURA FANS ALL OVER.

Take care all!

Post subject: Re: New concert dates
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2012, 07:25 

Yes, I am looking forward to the show...Cant wait, really! There are only a few concerts that I look forward to these days....Maura is one of them (Brandi Carlile and the Lumineers are two others).

There are quite a few concerts coming up in the early spring. I wonder if Maura is promoting anything? A new, live album? I remember somebody mentioning that a while back...that would be nice.

Anyhow, it will be nice to see Bob and to hear some great live music!

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2013, 17:29 

Maura has added a bunch more shows, including one at The Egg in Albany, the Albany, NY fans love Maura.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 08:04 

Sorry I have been absent for so long! Bob, I hope that your eyes have healed by now. Mike, you have sealed it - I am going to check out The Lumineers. I have heard of them a lot in recent months, but haven't taken the plunge - now I will!

We had a wonderful time at Maura's concert this past Sunday. I will post a "write up" to the blog thread later today. I am going to have to keep a close eye on Maura's concert listings - after hearing her in person again, I am thinking of a road trip. We'll see. :)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 16:49 

Theresa, thanks--- left eye very good; right eye not so much, still with a patch. Healing of that one may go on for some extended period of time. BUT much comfort in seeing again.

Hey, you're lucky though to have gotten to the Ark to see MO's show there. HOPE IT WAS FANTASTIC!

Love to meet you if one of her shows on the road you go to is in our area!

AND tonight I am going to explore the Lumineers, as I have also heard a bunch about them.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 18:59 

Lumineers are great! You guys will love 'em....I hope! LOL

Glad you had fun... I was in Michigan last Feb and saw The Ark...there was no show at the time that interested me, and I was curious to see what the venue was like....Maybe next time. My nephew is out there for school. It was a nice area.

I am looking forward to the concert at BB Kings..... Did she mention if this was the farewell year? Say it isn't so!

Bob, I hope the other eye gets better soon! It is tough to be without site!

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2013, 07:10 

Bob,

You will have to give us a report on Monday's concert. Going out on a school night is a bit much for me, but I am looking forward to Saturday's concert (Scituate, MA?). Myself and my son are making a bit of a road trip out of it!

Looking forward to the report!

Mike

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 09:07 

Very excited about "seeing", (or at least hearing), MO tonight in NYC at B.B. King's, Laura and I will be there.

Mike will be there in spirit and he and Liam get to see Maura out-of-state in Massachusetts soon.

It has been a bit of a wait so I am pumped up about it.

I will report back after the show, but from what I read from Theresa and Pat, this should be a blast.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 04:10 

Bob...Hope it was a good show...I am jealous....I really wanted to go (but my son had CCD classes...darn religion!)

I am looking forward to Saturday's show!

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 18:40 

We got to see Maura (and Joanie Madden of Cherish the Ladies, short guest spot and some heckling) and a surprise guest Jane Monheit (backup on Western Highway), last night at BB King’s NYC.

Show was great; a very nice size crowd for a “school night”; I will post a full report on the weblog, when I have a bit more time, but suffice it to say--it was a wonderful, fun show, as usual.

Weird highlight--as we all know MO does not particularly like shout out requests---and this time one of them was for the song “Freebird”. Leading John Mock to do a few notes from Stairway to Heaven, and Don Johnson to strum another classic rock tune---funny and priceless.

Bye for now.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 15:28 

but the question is: Did she let the audience clap along? LOL

I am glad it was fun...looking forward to saturday's show. I know it will be worth the four hour drive.

Howver, there is a part of me that is quite a bit sad that it might be the last time I see her perform...I so wish that was not the case.

Mike

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 18:53 

Posted a concert note for B.B King’s show under Weblogs!

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 13:01 

I will post the details of the concert soon. It really was such a nice show. (in Scituate, MA). The River Club Music hall was nice.....Would definitely consider a road trip again if the artist was worth it (Like she was in this case).

There was a good crowd and the whole area is really pretty. Apparently they call it "The Irish Riviera." I would love to go there when it is warmer.

On a funny, note, I was staying at the same hotel and Maura, Don and John. Maura posted some pix on her facebook page and I said to my son, "That looks like EXACTLY the same view that we see from our hotel window." And it was! That was the hotel that was recommended to me by the venue manager. I guess he recommneded it to Maura as well.

It was a long drive, from NY to MA, but I am so glad I did it. Even my son, who really likes Pop/top 40 kind of stuff, really enjoyed the concert.

Hope everyone on here is well.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 16:27 

So excited there is a concert in New Jersey in November...And on Saturday night!
It is only 1 1/2 hours away...I really thought the one in Scituate was my last one.

Thanks Maura...I am really looking forward to it!

Mike